Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ahoy, thar mateys...

So if you hadn't guessed, today is National Talk Like a Pirate Day. Every September 19th folks from all over don their pirate attire and start talking like a pirate, arrrr...


Well the folks on Twitter didn't have to do much twisting of my arm to get me to participate, I gladly gave in. If you follow me on twitter, you would have seen my tweets where I attempted to be a pirate.
Here's what I did to celebrate...

I changed my twitter pic to this:

then and went to this site: http://www.talklikeapirateday.com/ to translate my words into pirate speak. (the site was shut down due to high traffic, so maybe when you are reading next month, it'll be up and running again.)

Then later on in the day I christened myself with a pirate name by visiting http://www.piratequiz.com/. So from here on out, but only on September 19, I shall be known as Iron Bess Vane. Beware. That's all I got to say.

I hope you had fun joining in on the festivities. If not, don't forget, there's always next year.






My pirate name is:



Iron Bess Vane




A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you a tough person. You tend to blend into the background occaisionally, but that's okay, because it's much easier to sneak up on people and disembowel them that way. Arr!

Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Argh, and a rum soaked International Talk Like A Pirate Day I be a wishing upon ya. Ahoy matey!